Experience the mouthwatering explosion of flavors with this elote in a cup (esquites), a delectable Mexican street corn classic served in an easy way.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crema Mexicana
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 20 oz. frozen corn or about 3 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- Mix together mayonnaise and crema until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Saute corn in large skillet for 6-8 minutes, until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Put corn into cups or a serving bowl and drizzle with mayo mixture. Top with cotija cheese and cilantro.
- Squeeze lime juice and finish with tajin to taste.
Keywords: elote in a cup, elote en vaso, esquites recipe, Mexican street corn salad