This EASY vegetarian ramen recipe is ready in 30 minutes. Ramen has a bad reputation, but this is a healthy version that tastes just as good!
- 4 oz. shitake mushrooms
- 2–3 baby bok choy (or 1 large)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce (or 2 tsp. regular)
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 8 oz. ramen noodles
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- toasted sesame seeds
- chili garlic sauce
- sliced roasted seaweed
- sliced green onions
- Prep ingredients: Wash and thinly slice mushrooms. (Can wipe off with damp paper towel if they have dirty on them). Wash and thinly slice bok choy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy bottom pot. Add sliced mushrooms to pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. (We want them to sweat out of water so they aren’t soggy). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and add the bok choy to the pan and cook, until soft and wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and add garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook, stirring so they don’t burn, for a minute. (If it’s cooking too fast, add in the broth – you don’t want them to burn).
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and rice vinegar to pot. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, make soft boiled eggs. Boil 1 inch water in a small pot. Add eggs and boil 6 min for large eggs. Remove from heat immediately and stop cooking by running them under cold water or adding ice to the pot. Cool to touch and peel. Perfectly jammy!
- Meanwhile, add ramen noodles to broth and heat over low heat for 3-4 minutes, until al dente. (They can actually just sit in the hot broth right before eating).
- Assemble bowls: layer noodles into the bottom of the bowl. Top with bok choy and mushrooms. Ladle broth over the top, then add toppings as desired.
- Nutrition facts include 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, 1 gram roasted seaweed, and 1 tablespoon green onions.
- If you’re a mushroom lover, double the mushrooms. They cook down a lot.
Keywords: easy vegetarian ramen recipe, vegetarian ramen noodles