This easy minestrone soup recipe has a secret shortcut ingredient! Just 10 ingredients to make vegan homemade minestrone soup + 10 min prep.
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1–15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1–15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- 26 oz. jar of marinara sauce
- optional, for serving: olive oil, parmesan cheese
- Clean and prepare vegetables.
Chop onion. (about 1 cup chopped onion)
Cut celery lengthwise and then chop. (about 1 cup chopped celery)
Cut carrots lengthwise and then chop. (about 1 cup chopped carrots)
Cut zucchini in quarters lengthwise and then chop. (about 2 cups chopped zucchini)
- Heat oil in large stock pot. When hot add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and garlic to pot and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, broth, and marinara to pot and stir together. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Nutrition facts don’t include toppings.
- If you wanted to save some extra time, you could also buy the pre-packaged containers of mirepoix: onion, celery, carrot. Use 3 cups total.
Keywords: easy minestrone soup recipe, healthy minestrone soup, homemade minestrone soup, vegan minestrone soup