You’ll love this lemon ricotta pasta recipe – it’s easy, made with just 7 simple ingredients, and totally delicious.
- 16 oz. cavatappi (or similar shape pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp. zest and 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Remember to salt the cooking water and reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- Prep ingredients:
Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add panko bread crumbs. Stir frequently and cook until golden brown, removing from heat and transferring to a bowl immediately to stop cooking.
Thinly slice garlic.
Zest and juice lemon.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic. Cook for 30-seconds to a minute, being careful to not burn. Add in ricotta cheese and lemon juice and stir to combine. Pour in 1/2 cup reserved pasta water and lemon zest.
- Whisk until creamy. Add in cooked pasta and toss until it coats the pasta, cooking a few more minutes to thicken sauce if necessary. If mixture is dry, drizzle in more of the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Serve with toasted breadcrumbs sprinkled on top and freshly cracked pepper and flaky sea salt if desired.
Keywords: lemon ricotta pasta, ricotta lemon pasta