Your fall and winter nights NEED this easy homemade chili!
- 1 large white onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 15.5 oz. can black beans
- 15.5 oz. can kidney beans
- 2 lbs. ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 26 oz. jar garlic marinara
- 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro, chopped onion
- Prepare ingredients:
Drain and rinse beans.
- Heat large pot over medium high heat. Add oil to pot and when it shimmers, add onions, cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef, breaking up a bit with the back of a spoon.
- Add seasonings to ground beef, stir to combine, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add marinara, tomatoes (don’t drain), beans, and broth to pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes, or longer.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with plenty of toppings.
- Instead of seasonings, you can use 1 1/2-2 Tbsp. of chili powder. Add salt to taste.
- Be sure that your marinara sauce is a plainer version, and not one with Italian flavors.
- Bone broth helps add a really deep and rich flavor, use it if you can!
- Toppings are not included in nutrition facts.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Keywords: chili, easy chili, beef chili, healthy chili