- rice for serving
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow/orange pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups slow cooker black beans
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Prepare ingredients.
Make rice according to package instructions.
Dice peppers and onion.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add peppers and onions to a large skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste, black beans, salt, and chicken broth. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make plantains according to instructions here.
- Assemble bowls. Scoop beans over rice and serve plantains on the side.
- Serve with rice and sautéed plantains.
- Nutrition facts do not include rice or plantains.
Keywords: cuban black beans, cuban black beans recipe, cuban black beans and rice