- Prepare ingredients.
Make rice according to package instructions.
Dice peppers and onion.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add peppers and onions to a large skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste, black beans, salt, and chicken broth. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make plantains according to instructions here.
- Assemble bowls. Scoop beans over rice and serve plantains on the side.
- Serve with rice and sautéed plantains.
- Nutrition facts do not include rice or plantains.
Keywords: cuban black beans, cuban black beans recipe, cuban black beans and rice