These chicken tostadas are a quick and easy meal; made with simple ingredients; and served up DIY-style which is always fun!
- ~ 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 2 cooked breasts or 18 oz. cooked)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 12 tostada shells
- 15 oz. can refried black beans (or try homemade refried beans)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- cotija cheese
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- optional garnish: pickled red onion and/or cilantro
- Heat refried beans and prep toppings.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken is heated through, being careful to not overcook and dry out chicken.
- Assemble tostadas. Top tostada shell with refried beans, chicken, lettuce, tomato, and cotijia cheese. Squeeze lime over the top.
Keywords: chicken tostadas, chicken tostada recipe, chicken tostadas recipe