Chilaquiles with chips is the fastest way to get this chicken chilaquiles recipe on your table without the grease splatter of frying your own tortillas.
- 4–5 tomatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
Chilaquiles with Chips
- 15 oz. can black refried beans
- 4 handfuls tortilla chips
- 2 cups leftover salsa chicken
- cotija cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sliced radishes
- sour cream
- Prep ingredients:
Roughly chop tomatoes, onions, garlic, and jalapeno if using.
- Blend together all salsa ingredients.
- Pour salsa into large skillet over medium-high heat and add tomato paste. Stir to combine. Simmer salsa, stirring frequently, for about 7-10 minutes, until mixture has thickened.
- Prep toppings and sides:
Heat chicken in microwave or small skillet and roughly chop.
Crumble cotija cheese.
Thinly slice radishes.
Heat refried beans.
- Toss chips in salsa until coated and place onto plates. Top with chicken and toppings as desired.
- Serve with refried beans on the side.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate, but include 4 ounces of the salsa chicken, 2 tablespoons cotija cheese, and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Nutrition facts do not include refried beans.
Keywords: chicken chilaquiles recipe, chilaquiles with chips