- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced (I use the stuff in a tube)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 5 oz bag of spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- garnish: sesame seeds, green onions, sriracha
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, ginger, garlic and honey. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef to pan, breaking up with spoon.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add soy mixture to pan, stir to combine and cook for another minute. Place meat into bowl and wipe out pan with paper towel.
- Heat same pan over medium heat and add sesame oil. When hot, add spinach, stirring constantly and cooking just until wilted, about a minute or two. Place spinach in another bowl and wipe out pan.
- When rice is done cooking, heat same pan over medium heat and add olive oil to pan.
- When hot, add all of rice to pan, spreading out and patting it down with a spoon.
- Leave undisturbed for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, fry eggs and set aside.
- Divide rice between 4 bowls and top with beef, spinach, egg, kimchi, sesame seeds and green onions.
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 55 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 38 grams