Bake up a spookylicious batch of creepy and cute monster Halloween cookies with this easy and delicious recipe that’s so fun to make.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- food coloring
- candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs and vegetable oil together. If you’re using any additional flavorings like vanilla extract (see other ideas in notes and above), add those in now.
- Add the cake mix and whisk until fully combined.
- Divide the batter into three bowls and add a few drops of food colouring to each. Stir to combine.
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp sized cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet ensuring there is enough space between each cookie ball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Press the candy eyeballs into the warm cookies and allow too cool.
- Use Gel Food Coloring: For vibrant and intense colors, consider using gel food coloring instead of liquid food coloring. Gel coloring provides more concentrated colors, so you won’t need to add as much, which can help maintain the cookie dough’s consistency.
- Chill the Cookie Dough: To prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking, consider chilling the cookie dough for about 30 minutes before scooping and baking. Chilled dough holds its shape better, resulting in thicker and more defined cookies.
- Experiment with Colors: You can create a spooky assortment of cookies by using different food coloring combinations. For example, mix red and yellow food coloring for a deep orange color, or mix blue and green for a eerie green color. Get creative and have fun with it!
- Add Flavor Extracts: If you want to add a little extra flavor to the cookies, consider incorporating flavor extracts such as vanilla, almond, or lemon. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust to your taste preference.
- Try Different Cake Mix Flavors: While the recipe calls for a white cake mix, you can experiment with different flavors like chocolate, red velvet, or funfetti for more variety in your Halloween cookies.
- Prevent Stickiness: When scooping the cookie dough onto the baking sheet, lightly grease the spoon or your hands with cooking spray to prevent the dough from sticking. This will make it easier to form the dough balls.
- Use Parchment Paper: If you’re concerned about cookies sticking to the baking sheet, use parchment paper instead of just greasing the sheet. Parchment paper ensures easy removal and minimizes cleanup.
- Play with Candy Eyeballs: While the recipe suggests using candy eyeballs, you can also get creative with other Halloween-themed decorations like candy pumpkins, spiders, or ghosts. Mix and match to create a diverse set of spooky cookies.
- Add a Pinch of Salt: If you prefer a balance of sweet and salty flavors, add a pinch of salt to the cookie dough. Salt enhances the overall taste and can complement the sweetness of the cake mix.
- Store in Airtight Containers: To keep the cookies fresh and preserve their softness, store them in airtight containers once they have completely cooled.
Keywords: Halloween cookies recipe, Halloween monster cookies, easy Halloween cookies