This chicken pho recipe is so EASY! You’ll learn what’s in chicken pho noodle soup, how to make it in 30 minutes, and what to top it with!
For the Soup:
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp ginger
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) – cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 cups pho broth (simply asia or amazon)
- 8 oz. rice noodles
For the toppings:
- 8 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 oz. mint
- 1 oz. basil
- 1 lime
- Prepare ingredients: Thinly slice onion. Mince garlic. Mince ginger if using fresh. Cut chicken into 1″ pieces.
- Heat oil in heavy pot. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken and season with salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, until chicken is browned.
- Add broth into pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a low simmer.
- 10 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add noodles to pot. Taste after 5 minutes to see if they need more time cooking – they cook quickly!
- While soup is cooking, prep toppings: Wash and dry bean and fresh herbs. Cut lime into wedges.
- Assemble chicken pho. Ladle soup, chicken, and noodles into bowls. Top with desired fresh toppings and sriracha and hoisin to taste.
- Get your kids involved! They can: tear up fresh herbs, top their own bowl of soup.
Keywords: chicken pho soup, noodle soup,