This HEALTHY chicken broccoli quinoa casserole has classic flavors with some upgraded ingredients. Family friendly + makes great leftovers.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 12 oz bag of broccoli florets (~4 cups roughly chopped)
- 11 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice chicken into 1-inch wide pieces.
- Roughly chop broccoli.
- Heat oil in your largest skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add quinoa to pan, and cook another 2 minutes. (We’re not cooking it here, but just toasting it.)
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in broth and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add in garlic powder, mushroom soup, sour cream. Stir to combine, then stir in broccoli to combine.
- Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20-25 more minutes, until top is golden brown.
Keywords: casserole, quinoa, healthy dinner, chicken casserole, chicken quinoa casserole