EASY asparagus and chicken stir fry is ready in 25 minutes! Drizzle the chicken stir fry with asparagus with the addicting sauce to eat. YUM!
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce (more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime
- 1 lb. Michigan asparagus
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Cook rice as directed on package.
Grate garlic. Peel ginger and grate.
Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
Make peanut sauce: whisk together 2 cloves of grated garlic, grated ginger, almond butter, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce (add more if you like spice!), honey, rice wine vinegar, juice from 1/2 lime.
Heat large pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil to pan and when hot, add chicken to pan. Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to pan and add asparagus to pan. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until bright green. Add remaining 2 cloves of grated garlic to pan and cook another 1 minute. Add chicken back to pan and toss together.
Serve asparagus and chicken stir fry over rice and drizzle with almond butter sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Almond butter: You can use any nut or seed butter instead of the almond butter if you prefer, though I love the flavor it gives.
- Nutrition facts do not include rice.
Keywords: asparagus and chicken stir fry, chicken stir fry with asparagus, chicken and asparagus stir fry