Hello and happy summer! IT’S HERE!!!!
It’s the season for dips. Well, I adore dips all year long, but summer just makes me think of grilling get-togethers. And plenty of snacks (mostly dips). And beer (IPA!). And white wine (Sauvignon Blanc!). And friends. And family. And swim suits (Demi’s is ridiculous). And floppy hats.
Seriously? These things make me so happy.
Today, I partnered with Mountain High Yoghurt to bring you a recipe that is easy, delicious and perfect for summer. It’s definitely a dip, but it would also be perfect on so many other things: grilled chicken and vegetables, any kind of tacos and definitely rice and bean bowls.
Yogurt is a staple in our house (I actually buy the large tub of Mountain High Yoghurt (always plain) from Costco!) and while I usually keep it pretty simple and eat it with my oats or in smoothies, yogurt is a great creamy addition to summer dips, dressings and spreads.
If you’re looking for even more ideas, check out the Mountain High pinterest page. In addition to lots of recipes, there are also great ideas on how to repurpose the containers, which I really love. Reuse, people!
So this dip. SO easy and so nutritious. Blend together the ingredients and it’s ready to eat!
Between the yoghurt and avocado, it’s ultra-creamy with some spice and flavor from cilantro and jalapeño. Utterly addicting with tortilla chips, pita crackers and fresh vegetables.
- 2 cups cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 medium-sized jalapeño (less or more depending on taste)
- 5 green onions, roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (I use full fat)
- 2 medium avocados, pits removed and diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine 1 cup of cilantro, jalapeño and green onions in food processor or blender.
- Pulse until everything is chopped.
- Add yoghurt, avocados and seasoning and process or blend until smooth.
- Stir in remaining chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips, raw vegetables and crackers.
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams