Summer Chicken Sauté is an easy and healthy chicken dinner recipe that highlights the best-of-summer produce and comes together in 20 minutes!
Another season, another chicken sauté meal. (Find the recipe for spring chicken sauté here.) This is quickly becoming a weeknight favorite in our house.
And I’m super happy about it. I don’t need to eat low-carb anymore, but sometimes it’s nice to have a lighter meal. That’s what I love about mindful and intuitive eating – when you listen to your body, your body will balance out heavy meals (say a big plate of pasta) with lighter ones like this one. Nothing feels like deprivation because there are no “good” or “bad” foods.
I don’t feel guilty eating a big plate of pasta, and I don’t feel like I’m depriving myself when I eat a lean protein, low-carb chicken dinner. BALANCE!
Summer Chicken Sauté is no boring chicken breast dinner – it’s packed with flavor. And packed with vegetables. And packed with protein. Summer Chicken Sauté FTW!
For the yogurt sauce in this summer chicken sauté meal, I kept it really simple and stirred in some prepared pesto. That’s it! Use your own or use some from a jar, it doesn’t matter.
And if you have any leftover, use it as a dip!
The veggie portion of the meal features zucchini, grape tomatoes, and corn. When I use corn in recipes like this, I use frozen corn kernels. It’s a place to cut a corner, that doesn’t affect the taste, so it’s one that makes sense for me. As with the pesto, do what you have time for. If you prefer fresh or have some to use, do it! I’m lazy. 🙂 (Or efficient…let’s go with efficient.)
Add this to your dinner rotation ASAP!
I love hearing from you guys when you make recipes you’ve found here so let me know what you think, or tag me on social media (@myeverydaytable or #myeverydaytable) so I can see your creations!
How to make Summer Chicken Sauté:Print
- 1½ pounds thinly sliced chicken breast (or you can pound it thin yourself!)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 Tablespoon + 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium-sized zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- salt & pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and when oil is hot, add chicken to pan.
- Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together yogurt and pesto. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add another teaspoon of olive oil to pan if it’s dry.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally and until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide yogurt mixture onto 4 plates and slightly spread yogurt over plate.
- Top with chicken and ¼ of the vegetable mix.
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 11 grams
- Sodium: 735 milligrams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 gram
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 42 grams
- Cholesterol: 85 milligrams