The best way to eat slow cooker turkey chili nachos! Easy, healthy, and delicious. Leftover slow cooker turkey chili is turned into a 5 minute tray of nachos!
CLICK HERE to pin Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Nachos for later!
If there is one thing that my simple weekly meal plans have taught me, it’s to take advantage of time I’m spending in the kitchen with the cook once, eat twice method. It’s not something that I used to on a regular basis, but when life gets crazy and you’ve got kids and work and life and HOUSEWIVES…somethings got to give.
I don’t like to give up social time or life time or kid time so I frequently cook a big batch of something (usually in the slow cooker!) and then turn it into something completely different later in the week.
This is a huge part of my weekly meal plan. Cook once, eat twice. Stress less. (Another big piece of the plan is that I take the mental load of researching, testing, and planning easy, heathy, and balanced meals on FOR YOU! If you want to give it a try, click here for more information and a free week trial!)
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili turns out to be the perfect (and I really mean perfect) topping for nachos. I love using my slow cooker turkey quinoa chili – it takes just 10 minutes to prep. The slow cooker turkey quinoa chili itself is a satisfying mix of turkey, squash, tomatoes, quinoa, black beans, and all of the usual chili spices.
So eat it as chili for dinner one night, and the next? Nachos!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Nachos
Be sure to tag me when you make these slow cooker turkey chili nachos. (@myeverydaytable or #myeverydaytable) I LOVE to see your creations! Enjoy!Print
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Nachos is an easy and super satisfying meal that EVERYONE will love!
- 4 cups of leftover chili (or about that!)
- 8 oz. tortilla chips
- 8 oz. shredded cheese cheddar cheese
- toppings: sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Layer chips in single layer on baking dish.
- Spoon chili mixture over chips, then top with shredded cheese.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Careful to not let it burn, it cooks quickly!
- Top with toppings as desired and serve with baby carrots on the side.
- I like to serve this easy meal with an easy vegetable side: baby carrots!
- Get your kids involved! They can: spread cheese over nachos and then top their portions with the toppings.
- Other topping ideas if you feel like you want to add some more: diced avocado, sliced green onions, black olives, hot sauce.
Keywords: nachos, chili nachos, turkey chili, slow cooker recipes