Are you even ready for this slow cooker pork loin recipe? We’re making pork gyros with this easy pork loin roast in the slow cooker and it couldn’t be easier. The slow cooker pork gyros recipe features traditional Greek flavors like oregano, lemon, and olive oil and then gets cooked nice and slow in the slow cooker. Once it’s done cooking, serve it up with pita bread and plenty of fresh toppings and tzatziki sauce. SO. MUCH. FLAVOR.
I’m a new fan of cooking pork loin in slow cooker for a few reasons. It’s easy. (Always a fan of that, you know this!) And it turns out perfectly. The meat slightly shreds, making it perfect for pulled pork gyros, but it still holds it’s shape enough so that it’s not falling apart. And this pork loin recipe is loaded with fresh flavor!
I’m so excited to partner with Minnesota Pork to bring you this Slow Cooker Pork Loin Gyros recipe. Pork is both versatile and healthy and we love including it in our family meals on a regular basis! (Pork chops are one of my husband’s favorite meals!) Did you know that there are more than 3,000 pig farms right here in Minnesota? You can learn more about the pig farming happening in our backyard here.
Can You Cook Pork Loin in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can cook pork loin roast in a slow cooker, and you should! This easy slow cooker pork loin takes a few minutes to prep, and then you can step aside and let the slow cooker get to work.
For the best crock pot pork loin, look for a pork loin that has some fat on the top of it. This helps keep it moist and adds great flavor to the pork gyros.
TIP: Place the fat side UP in boneless pork loin crock pot recipes so that the fat helps hold in flavorful juices.
How to Cook Pork Loin in the Slow Cooker
Cooking pork loin in slow cooker is easy! First we’ll mix up the pork gyros marinade, which is a simple mix of fresh lemon juice, oregano, olive oil.
Season the pork loin with sea salt and pepper on both sides. Place the seasoned pork loin over the sliced onions and drizzle with the lemon and oregano mix.
The pork loin crock pot recipe is ready-to-go!
How Long to Cook Pork Loin in Slow Cooker
If you’re wondering how long to cook pork loin in slow cooker, look no further. The cooking time for pork loin crock pot recipes will of course vary a bit depending on your pork loin size, but if you have a 3 lb. pork loin, it will take 3-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
I like my pork loin roast in slow cooker to slice easily, but still hold it’s shape and not completely fall apart.
Another easy way to know when your pork is done is to check the temperature. Pork is best when it’s cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. It used to be 160 degrees, but the USDA has deemed it safe at 145 degrees F. So let’s stop overcooking our pork, ok?
How to Store Pork Loin Roast Slow Cooker Leftovers:
You’ll definitely have leftovers from this pork loin roast recipe in the slow cooker! I recommend loaded Greek fries (recipe is coming soon!).
Let the pork gyros meat cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-6 days. You can also freeze the meat. Simply slice or lightly shred and pour cooking liquid over the top to keep the pork juicy. Store in the freezer for 2-3 months and thaw in the refrigerator overnight and re-heat until hot.
Pork Gyros Nutrition + Swaps:
The pork gyros calories will vary a bit depending on how much you add to your sandwich, but an estimate (which uses 1/4 of the ingredients) is 550 calories. The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card.
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Whole Wheat Pita – Depending on where I do my grocery shopping, whole wheat pita isn’t always available. But if you can find it, and you like them, feel free to use them! Fresh pita will hold up better in the pork gyros and not crack as much.
- Fat-free Greek Yogurt – I prefer the flavor of full-fat greek yogurt, but it’s not always available. Fat-free or reduced-fat (which is usually 0% or 2%) will also work just fine.
- Salad Greens – Add a handful of salad greens (herb salad mix or spring mix) to add a bit more nutrition and crunch.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes:
Slow cooker recipes like this pork gyros recipe is a huge component of my weeknight dinner club. Each week we have a cook once, eat twice meal and most of the time they are done in the slow cooker. If you like this boneless pork loin slow cooker recipe, you might also like some of these slow cooker recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls – This easy recipe just needs a side of rice and some fresh toppings.
- Slow Cooker Brats – Yes, it’s possible and easy to make brats in the slow cooker. Comes with a side of potatoes, too!
- Slow Cooker Turkey Quinoa Chili – So many nutritious ingredients packed into this flavorful chili that takes just 10 minutes to prep.
- 5 Cook Once, Eat Twice Slow Cooker Recipes – Download this free guide with five recipes that will save you time in the kitchen and simplify dinner!
Helpful Tools for Pork Gyros Recipe:
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker – Basic, but that’s all I want my slow cooker to be! Timer option is key.
- Digital Cooking Thermometer – I love this one because you can set the cooking temperature and it will beep when it reaches that temperature.
- Kids Knife – I love this set of knives that will help get your kids involved with dinner.
Turn slow cooker pork loin into an EASY pork gyros recipe! Pork loin roast in the slow cooker takes just a few minutes to prep and makes delish gyros + leftovers.
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 lb. pork loin
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- pita bread
- Slice onion into half moons and lay out on the bottom of a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Season pork loin with salt and pepper on all sides. Place into slow cooker on top of onions.
- Mix together juice from lemon (~ 2 tablespoons), olive oil, and oregano. Drizzle over pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 7-8 hours, until it shreds easily.
- While meat is cooking, prep sandwich fixings:
Slice 1/2 cucumber into thin slices and shred the other half on the side of box grater.
Make tzatziki: mix together greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, olive oil, garlic powder, dried dill, and salt. Set aside half of the tzatziki for later In the week.
Thinly slice red onion into half moons.
Lightly heat pita bread.
- Lightly shred pork (you don’t need it shredded, but more sliced) and assemble sandwiches. Set aside 2 1/2 cups of pork for later in the week.
- Get your kids involved! They can: help grate cucumber, cut cucumber with kid-safe knife, mix tzatziki, assemble pork gyros.
- Serving tip for kids: Deconstruct things a bit if that will be easier.
Keywords: greek gyros recipe, slow cooker pork loin, slow cooker pork recipe,
Thank you SO much for supporting My Everyday Table. This post may have affiliate links, which do not add any additional charge to you, but help me to continue to bring free content to you. I only share products that I use myself. Thanks for being here. 🙂