Slow Cooker Honey Pork: Cook Once, Eat Twice is an easy slow cooker pork recipe that takes just a few minutes to prep, and you can turn it into two completely different meals to maximize your time in the kitchen!
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. can of pineapple
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork
- 8 whole grain tortillas (soft taco size, about 8–10 in)
- 8 oz. shredded cheese (mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- baby carrots
- 1 cucumber
- Slice onion in half moons.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Add butter to pan and when it sizzles, add sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Prep other ingredients:
Heat pork in microwave or on the stove.
Drain and chop pineapple.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add a tsp. of butter or oil to pan and swirl so that it coats the entire pan. Place one tortilla in pan and top with the following:
1/4 cup cheese +1/2 cup pork + 2 Tbsp. bbq sauce + 1/4 of the onions + 1/4 of the pineapple + 1/4 cup cheese + another tortilla.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, carefully flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Repeat for remaining 3 quesadillas.
- Serve with baby carrots and cucumber slices.
- Get your kids involved! They can: help measure cheese or bbq sauce, and help layer ingredients on tortilla.
Keywords: slow cooker pork, crockpot pork, bbq pork, quesadilla