Slow Cooker Honey Pork: Cook Once, Eat Twice is an easy slow cooker pork recipe that takes just a few minutes to prep, and you can turn it into two completely different meals to maximize your time in the kitchen!
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup beer or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. honey, divided
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3.5 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 14 oz. bag of shredded coleslaw
- 4-6 hamburger buns
- for serving: bbq sauce, mayonnaise, pickle spears
- Slice onion in half moons. Chop garlic.
- Place onion slices in the bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, beer (or chicken broth), 1 Tbsp. of the honey, and mustard. Pour over pork.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours. When it’s finished, lightly shred with two forks and set aside at least 2 cups of pork for later in the week. Season with additional salt if necessary.
- A half hour or so before meal time, prepare the coleslaw. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, and remaining 1 Tbsp. honey. Toss with coleslaw mix, stirring occasionally until it’s time to eat.
- When you’re ready to eat, heat large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each side of the bun and heat, mayo side down for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Top buns with pork, bbq sauce and slaw if desired. Serve slaw and pickle spears on the side
- Get your kids involved! They can: stir together the pork marinade. whisk together coleslaw dressing and coleslaw.
Keywords: slow cooker pork, crockpot pork, bbq pork