What’s the best way to cook black beans? Nice and slow! (No soaking required!) Just 5 ingredients + 2 minutes prep this slow cooker black beans recipe.
- 1 small white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 16 oz. dried black beans, rinsed and picked over
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 bay leaves
- Cut onion in half and lightly smash garlic.
- Rinse and pick over black beans to check for any pebbles. Add beans, chicken broth, bay leaves, onion halves, and garlic to slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 1/2-3 hours, until beans are tender.
- Discard onion and bay leaves.
- Use slow cooker black beans in Cuban black bean bowls and huevos rancheros.
Keywords: slow cooker black beans recipe