This slow cooker butter chicken recipe takes just 10 min to prep + is made with simple ingredients. Use the leftovers for pizza!
- Prepare ingredients: Cut chicken thighs into 2 inch pieces. Dice onion. Mince garlic. Mince ginger.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken and leave undisturbed for 1-3 minutes, until golden brown. Stir and brown on all sides. Add to the slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter foams, add onions to skillet. Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan. Cook for another minute, until fragrant. Add garam masala turmeric, and curry powder to the skillet. Stir to coat the onion mixture. Cook for two minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to slow cooker. (If the pan starts getting dark and burnt, turn down heat to medium.)
- Stir in tomato paste and honey with chicken and onions and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Cook rice and naan according to package instructions.
Keywords: slow cooker butter chicken, crockpot butter chicken, butter chicken recipe