I’m really into bean salads right now. Once I realized how truly simple – yet satisfying – they could be…let’s just say I’m sorry it took me so long.
I like to keep it really basic: no fancy home-made dressings, no crazy chopping of vegetables, just beans + herbs + olive oil + spices and maybe some cheese if it works. I love the complex bean salads, with more flavor, lots of tiny vegetables and delicious dressings, but simple bean salads deserve their place in the world too! This salad has been a lunch staple lately and in my effort to keep lunch-cooking/prep to a minimum, it’s been perfect.
Other Simple Bean Salad ideas:
- garbanzos + parsley + feta
- black beans + cilantro + queso fresco
- garbanzos + mint + feta
- white beans + chopped arugula + parmesan
- lentils + red pepper + goat cheese
- garbanzos + sun-dried tomatoes + parmesan
- black beans + avocado + cilantro (a splash of oj would be great in this one!)
Am I missing any bean salad staples? Share your favorites below!