Sautéed Banana Oatmeal is as decadent as it sounds – but it’s a filling breakfast packed with fiber and healthy fats. Try homemade brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal next time.
The heat wave finally broke in LA, and now that we can pretend like it’s fall along with everyone else, I’ve got oatmeal on the brain! I love making oatmeal from scratch (as opposed to using the flavored, instant versions – though I use them from time to time!) and loading it with extra flavor, a little sweetness and some protein and/or fat to keep me satisfied until lunchtime. I tend to go a few different directions when it comes to oatmeal. Sometimes I like to go all out with Fruit Soaked Oatmeal or DIY Oatmeal Bars or Overnight Oatmeal – 4 Ways. And sometimes I like to keep it a little simpler with these three standard combos for topping oatmeal:
- plain greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey
- pat of grass fed butter, touch of brown sugar, and walnuts
- BANANAS SAUTÉED in COCONUT OIL and BROWN SUGAR with warm milk
That last one is as good as it sounds. And really filling thanks to the fat from the coconut oil and protein and fiber from the oats.
It’s sweet, it’s creamy and it tastes quite decadent. It’s the best of both worlds. It’s enjoyable enough for a weekend breakfast, but it’s also healthy enough for a weekday breakfast!
Sautéing the bananas, as opposed to just topping cooked oatmeal with raw bananas takes this breakfast from “Ugh, it’s Monday” to “Mmm, it’s Sunday morning and I have the whole day to myself!” It’s ridiculously easy too.
How easy is Sautéed Banana Oatmeal?
- Slice bananas.
- Heat coconut oil in nonstick pan and add bananas.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Serve over hot oatmeal with hot milk.
And that’s it.
You’ll be “Mmm-ing” and “Yumm-ing” no matter how early you had to wake up!
Sautéed Banana Oatmeal Recipe:Print
Sautéed Banana Oatmeal is as decadent as it sounds – but it’s a filling breakfast packed with fiber and healthy fats.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, prepared as directed
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 medium sized bananas, sliced
- 2–3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup milk for serving
- Heat coconut oil in medium sized pan.
- Add bananas to pan and cook for about a minute, stirring briefly.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over bananas, cook for one minute and stir so that mixture coats all bananas.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide bananas over oats and serve with warm milk.
Keywords: oatmeal, breakfast