You know me, always looking for the greatest meat-free, high protein, and filled with veggies lunches. It started with quinoa. It had been a while since I’d had it so I made it my base. Then came the tzatziki. I love tzatziki but I’ve never thought of using it for the main component of a meal. But with cucumbers? And then with blistered tomatoes? It sounded amazing.
And it was.
When I was eating it for lunch I realized that it is essentially a savory yogurt parfait of sorts. In a delicious sort of way – I am fully aware that a savory yogurt parfait sounds a little odd. 🙂 It is incredibly filling yet light and cool – perfect for these warm summer days we’ve been having lately.Print
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 – 5.3 oz cups Greek Yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- granulated garlic, pepper, dill and red pepper flakes to taste
- blistered tomatoes (see link above)
- Prepare quinoa as directed. Let cool and set aside.
- Prepare blistered tomatoes. Let cool and set aside.
- Dice 1/8 of cucumber into small pieces for tzatziki. (about 3-4 Tablespoons of chopped cucumber)
- Combine diced cucumber, yogurt, vinegar, olive oil and seasonings. Set aside. (Best refrigerated for a few hours or overnight)
- Slice remaining cucumber down the middle and then in thin slices.
- Top quiona with sliced cucumber, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce.
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 17
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 25