Meal prep this HEALTHY quinoa grain bowl recipe for easy and nutritious lunches on-the-go. 18 grams plant-based protein + 16 grams fiber!
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (or 6 servings)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 16 oz. sweet potato (about one large)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 oz. baby greens (spring mix, herb mix, etc.)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ranch or creamy dressing (green goddess would be delish too!)
- sesame seeds or everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare ingredients:
Make quinoa according to package instructions.
Rinse garbanzo beans.
Wash and dice sweet potato.
- On a large sheet pan, mound together garbanzo beans and diced sweet potato. Drizzle with olive oil and season with seasoning salt, garlic powder, and a pinch of pepper. Toss to coat and spread out in one single layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Assemble your bowls:
Divide quinoa into 4 bowls or containers.
Divide greens into bowls/containers in one section.
Divide garbanzo beans and sweet potatoes in another section.
Top with sliced avocado, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of dressing.
- I used Tessemae’s ranch dressing in my bowls, but feel free to use any dressing. Make sure to choose a vegetarian/vegan one if that’s important to you.
Keywords: meal prep, lunch salad, quinoa salad, vegetarian, plant-based