These enchilada cups are loaded with quinoa, chicken, and tons of classic Mexican flavors. Make up a batch of the slow cooker quinoa and chicken first, then use it in this quinoa enchilada cups and pizza quinoa casserole next!Print
These enchilada cups are loaded with quinoa, chicken, and tons of classic Mexican flavors.
- slow cooker chicken quinoa mixture
- 16 oz. bag frozen corn, divided
- 14.5 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 16 oz. enchilada sauce
- 12 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 oz. flour tortillas (cut into large wedges)
- 4 oz. sour cream
- hot sauce or salsa
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken and quinoa in a large bowl and mix in 2 cups corn, drained and rinsed black beans, enchiladas sauce and 1 cup of the shredded Mexican cheese.
- In a cupcake pan, layer the tortilla pieces so that they are overlapping the side and covering the entire bottom.
- Top with chicken mixture (fill to the top) and repeat for remaining cups. (12 total) Divide 1 cup shredded cheese between the cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 cups corn and season with a pat of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place remaining chicken mixture in a 8×8 inch pan (sprayed with cooking spray or oil), top with mexican cheese. You can bake this now (it will take 15-20 minutes) OR freeze it and save it for another meal.
Keywords: quinoa enchilada cups