- 1 English cucumber (hot house)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion
- pinch of salt
- Trim ends off of cucumber and thinly slice.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and warm water until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vinegar and add sliced cucumber and onion.
- Stir to coat, season with a pinch of salt to taste and store in the refrigerator until ready- to-serve.
- If you use an English/hothouse cucumber, no need to peel. If you use a regular cucumber, peel the outer layer.