This easy casserole is loaded with pizza flavors and nutritious ingredients like quinoa, chicken, and veggies.
- remaining chicken and quinoa mixture
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 oz. pepperoni (or more!)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 oz. marinara sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. can black olives (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare ingredients:
Dice green pepper.
Rough chop mushrooms.
Rough chop 1/2 of the pepperoni.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers to pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add chicken and quinoa mix to a large bowl. Add sautéed veggies, marinara sauce, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, and the chopped pepperoni and stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased pan, 11×13 inches (or close to this size!). Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, remaining pepperoni, olives if you’re using them, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melty and golden brown.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.
Keywords: pizza quinoa casserole