This pesto chicken salad is a great way to use fresh pesto up and make a summer chicken salad that is bursting with pesto flavor.
The chicken salad is great served over greens for a lunch or a light dinner but is also fantastic stuffed between ciabatta bread, and scooped with crackers for an easy snack.
And if you love recipes that combine pesto and chicken, try my pesto chicken breast with mozzarella.Print
- 1 pound chicken breast or tenders
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- salt & pepper
- Cook chicken as desired. I poached mine in white wine, water and seasonings.
- Let chicken cool and shred.
- Combine chicken, mayonaise and pesto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over greens, on bread or with crackers.
What goes into your chicken salad recipe?