We’re combining a classic chicken caesar salad recipe with a panzanella salad recipe for a delicious combo of caesar flavors and TONS of homemade croutons.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup caesar salad dressing (not creamy)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 baguette
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp anchovy
- paste pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss chicken with caesar dressing and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Line a baking dish with foil, or lightly grease so that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan. Bake for about 25-35 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Cooking time will depend on the size. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. Slice 2-3 of the breasts for the salads and set the rest aside in the refrigerator for later in the week.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad, croutons, and dressing. Wash and dry romaine lettuce. Thinly slice and divide between plates.
- Make croutons. Tear bread into small pieces. Toss with olive oil and season with garlic powder. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mince garlic and anchovy so that it forms a paste. Add a pinch of salt and use the side of your knife to scrape this together so that you don’t have big chunks of garlic. Place into a jar. Add egg yolk, lemon juice, dijon, and oil to jar. Shake until emulsified.
- Top romaine with chicken and croutons. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Get your kids involved! They can: pour the dressing over the chicken, sprinkle their salads with croutons and parmesan cheese.
- If your kids don’t like food mixed, simply serve the salad components separately!
- You can use a pasteurized egg for the dressing and make sure to store it in the fridge and eat within a day.
Keywords: chicken caesar salad recipe, panzanella salad recipe