- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 12 oz jar thin salsa (1.5 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 15.5-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings: sour cream, avocado, cilantro, green onion
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, and let toast for about 1 minute.
- Add pepper, corn, salsa, broth and beans to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Nutrition facts don’t include toppings.
Keywords: one pan Mexican quinoa, Mexican quinoa recipe