Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a 30 minute weeknight meal that’s easy and healthy. Your family will love it and it’s a perfect meal to prep over the weekend.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 12 oz.)
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 16 oz. ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. shredded mexican cheese (or cheddar)
- 8 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 1 avocado
- 4 oz. sour cream
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork.
- Microwave for 5 minutes. Carefully remove and rub with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, prepare ingredients:
Slice tomatoes in half.
Thinly slice green onions.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onions when it’s hot, and cook, breaking up meat with spatula or back of a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes. Add chipotle peppers and all of the dried seasonings. Stir together, and cook for another 5 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- Split potatoes in half, lightly smash and layer on cheese, taco meat, tomatoes, green onions, avocado, sour cream, and hot sauce if desired.
Keywords: sweet potatoes, taco, ground beef