These Mediterranean shrimp quinoa bowls are a light, easy, and delicious dinner that’s perfect for summer nights.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1 large tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 1 medium cucumber
- 5 oz. bag of herb salad mix
- 4–6 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- Thaw shrimp if necessary.
- In a small jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper. Shake until combined.
- Prep veggies: Drain red peppers and thinly slice. Wash and thinly slice cucumber. Wash lettuce if necessary.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoons of dressing to pan, along with shrimp. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through, careful to not overcook. (You’ll know it’s done when it turns pink and curls up.)
- Assemble shrimp quinoa bowls: Divide quinoa in bowls and top with vegetables, shrimp, and feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
- Shrimp: If you can’t find raw shrimp, simply thaw it and cook just until shrimp is warmed through.
- Cucumber: I always recommend persian or english cucumbers. They are a bit more expensive, but don’t need to be peeled and have a slightly sweeter taste that I prefer over conventional cucumbers.
- Herb salad mix: This is simply a bagged salad mix with fresh herbs. If you can’t find that, use whatever salad greens look good!
Keywords: shrimp quinoa bowl, shrimp and quinoa bowl, Mediterranean quinoa bowl