While this meal is made up of humble ingredients, it’s a snack-style meal that is just fun to eat and munch on. Brining the chicken keeps it juicy and after it rests, slice and serve with roasted vegetables, sliced bread, homemade tzatziki sauce, olives, and any other olive bar items that look good to you!
Put out your platter and let everyone dip and munch. Mini chicken sandwiches are highly recommended! 😉Print
This snack-style meal is made up of chicken, vegetables, bread, tzatziki sauce, olives, and more! It’s delicious and fun.
- In a large bowl, add water and a few tablespoons of salt. Stir together to dissolve and add in chicken breasts. Let chicken brine 10 minutes to overnight. (Store in the fridge if you aren’t cooking it within 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile roast vegetables: Chop peppers, onion, zucchini into 1-2 inch pieces. Pile everything on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with seasoning salt and black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Make tzatziki sauce: Grate 1 cup of cucumber with a box grater. Grate 1 clove of garlic with zester or mince as finely as possible. Stir together cucumber, yogurt, grated garlic, 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tsp. of dried dill. Season with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
- Assemble platter:
Thinly slice 3-4 chicken breasts against the grain.
Place olives and any other olive bar additions in a small bowls. Serve with toothpicks.
Place tzatziki in a small bowl with a spoon.
Arrange vegetables and chicken in a shallow dish or platter.
Slice bread and arrange around platter.
- You can also use store-bought tzatziki for a shortcut.