In this easy kale + sausage pasta recipe, hot Italian sausage is used for flavor and kale brings some green nutrients to the mix. Sprinkle with a bit of parmesan and a drizzle of good olive oil – it’s all you need!
- Wash kale. Remove stems and thinly slice.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- When water boils, add pasta and cook according to directions, until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, heat large skillet and add oil to pan.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and sausage.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, breaking up sausage with spatula.
- Add kale and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Turn heat down to low.
- When pasta is done cooking, reserve 1 cup cooking liquid and drain.
- Add pasta to skillet, along with reserved cooking liquid and parmesan.
- Stir together until liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and extra parmesan if desired.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 564
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Carbohydrates: 61 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 28 grams
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: easy pasta, kale and sausage pasta, easy pasta recipe