This kale apple slaw is a flavorful blend of nutritious kale, crunchy apples, + a homemade dressing. Make this kale and apple slaw in 10 min!
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 bunch lacinato kale (about 6 cups sliced)
- 1 medium apple
- 2 oz. chopped walnuts
- Make dressing. Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, shallots, sea salt, and black pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Wash and dry kale. Remove stems and thinly slice. (Into really thin ribbons.)
- Cut apple into matchstick size pieces.
- Toss dressing (reserving a little of the dressing!) with kale and toss together until kale is coated. Let sit for at least 15 minutes if possible.
- Toss in apples and nuts over salad and serve. Drizzle with extra dressing if necessary.
Keywords: kale apple slaw, kale and apple slaw, kale apple salad recipe