- 1/2 cup finely chopped herbs (I used basil and parsley)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1–15 oz can of garbanzo (chickpeas) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3–5 Tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- crackers (I recommend Crunchmaster!) and vegetables for serving
- Stir together herbs, lemon zest, 1/2 of the grated garlic and 1 Tablespoon olive oil together in small bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine juice from lemon (about 3 Tablespoons), remaining grated garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, 3 Tablespoons of water and salt and pepper.
- Process or blend until smooth. Add 1-2 more Tablespoons of water if you need it to get things moving.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Layer hummus on plate or platter, top with gremolata, a drizzle of olive oil if desired, toasted pine nuts, and a sprinkle of high-quality salt.
- Serving Size: 4 Tablespoons
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 1 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 9 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams