Wondering how to toast bread in air fryer? It’s quick and easy and I’ve done the testing for you so you know exactly how long to be toasting bread in the air fryer. But toast toppings are where things really get fun and I’m sharing 16 ideas below.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can you make toast in an air fryer?
- What You’ll Love About Toasting Bread in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Toast Topping Ideas
- How to Toast Bread in Air Fryer
- What type of bread can I toast in the air fryer?
- Storage Instructions
- More Easy Breakfast Ideas
Can you make toast in an air fryer?
Yes! You can make toast in an air fryer and this air fry toast recipe is fast and easy and totally hands-off.
What You’ll Love About Toasting Bread in Air Fryer
- Quick – less than 5 minutes total time
- Can toast multiple slices at the same time
- Convenient if you keep your air fryer on the counter
- Everything in the air fryer is more fun, right?
Air Fryer Toast Topping Ideas
So the typical ingredient section may not be necessary, but I do have plenty of toast topping ideas to share!
- Avocado (49 avocado toast topping ideas)
- Peanut butter (19 peanut butter toast topping ideas)
- Smoked salmon toast
- Ricotta and tomatoes
- Ricotta and jam or preserves
- Cream cheese and jam
- Cream cheese, smoked salmon, and capers
- Cottage cheese and fresh berries
- Fried egg and chili oil
- Sliced tomato and a schmear of mayo
- Hummus and cucumbers
- Pesto and fried egg
- Pesto and burrata or fresh mozzarella
- Drizzle of honey
- Cinnamon sugar
- Garlic toast – A favorite of mine for easy sides to soups and salads. Spread with butter and garlic salt.
How to Toast Bread in Air Fryer
The instructions are minimal for making toast in air fryer:
- Place slice of bread in air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry until it reaches your desired level of toasti-ness! (I made that word up.)
TIP: You can flip over half way for a more even browning, but even without flipping, both sides with get crisp, but the top side will get darker.
How Long to Toast Bread in Air Fryer
You’ll just need to decide how dark and crunchy you want your toast. Now of course the cooking time will vary a bit depending on your exact air fryer oven, but check out the reference sheet below to get a good starting point.
What type of bread can I toast in the air fryer?
Virtually any bread you like! Choose your favorite and just know that a lighter, airier bread (like white bread) will toast a little faster than a dense, thicker bread.
Sourdough bread is a favorite at our house, but you can use whole grain bread, whole wheat bread, seeded bread, artisan breads, white bread, your favorite gluten-free bread or even Texas toast!
Toast is best served immediately.
How to reheat
If you need to refresh your toast (before you have toppings on it), cook for 1 minute at 400 degrees F.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Baby Banana Pancakes (yummy for the whole family!)
- 5-Minute Breakfast Board for Kids
- Homemade Acai Bowls
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
Wondering how to make toast in air fryer? It’s QUICK and EASY! Check my reference photo to see how long to cook your toast.
- toast toppings
- See reference photo above for a visual on how done the toast will be.
- Exact cooking time will vary air fryer to air fryer.
Keywords: toast in air fryer, how to toast bread in air fryer, how to make toast in air fryer, toasting bread in air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!