Put down the packet of oatmeal because today, I’m showing you how to make a healthy (the HEALTHIEST!) bowl of oatmeal.
Oatmeal is a darling in the nutrition world, and for good reason – each 150 calorie serving provides 5 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber and is a whole-grain food. It’s also cheap, readily available and almost everyone likes it.
Tastes good. √
I’m glad we’re on the same page now.
So what takes a bowl of oatmeal to the HEALTHIEST bowl of oatmeal?
It’s pretty simple. Some antioxidant-rich fruit, some protein in the form of greek yogurt, some chopped nuts for a dose of healthy fats (and crunch!) and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup if you need something a little sweet.
This upgraded bowl of oatmeal comes together in minutes, but will leave you satisfied until lunchtime.Print
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 5–7 oz container of plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp almonds
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Prepare oatmeal as directed.
- Top oatmeal with berries and yogurt.
- Roughly chop almonds and sprinkle over oatmeal.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 30 grams
- Sodium: 72 mg
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 62 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 25 grams