My family requests this teriyaki chicken stir fry meal every week! It’s loaded with flavor, has a sweet and savory sauce, and comes together in 15 min.
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger (1/4 tsp dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the chicken stir fry:
- 16 oz. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- rice for serving
- haricot verts
- optional garnish: sesame seeds and green onion
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cut chicken into ~1” pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, mirin, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken to skillet in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes, undisturbed. Flip over, and cook another 2-3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, and has reached an internal temperature of 185 degrees F.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken and cook another minute or so, until sauce is thick and glossy. (Depending on how hot and how large your pan is, this can happen very quickly, so watch closely.)
- Serve over rice with a veggie side.
Keywords: teriyaki chicken stir fry, chicken teriyaki bowl, teriyaki chicken thighs, how to make chicken teriyaki, recipe for teriyaki chicken