Learn how to make turkey burgers at home! BBQ Turkey Burgers are HEALTHY, juicy, + full of flavor. Just 20 min + 4 ingredients for homemade turkey burgers.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey (90-93% lean)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce + more for serving
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 oz. baked beans
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 1 large tomato (slicing tomato)
- white onion slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- Prep burgers: mix together turkey, salt, pepper, bbq sauce, and shredded cheddar until just combined, to not overwork meat. Divide meat into 6 patties. Lightly form into patty shape, making an indent with fingers in the middle of burger.
- Cook burgers: heat grill to medium high heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. Alternatively, heat grill pan over medium high heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. (Or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.) After you flip the burgers, top with a slather of BBQ sauce.
- While burgers are cooking, heat beans according to package instructions and prep lettuce, onion, and tomato.
- Assemble burgers: layer lettuce on bottom bun. Top with burger, onions, tomatoes, and ketchup and mayonnaise as desired.
- Get your kids involved! They can: build their own burgers.
Keywords: bbq turkey burger