HEALTHY avocado toast recipe takes just 5 min! My summer breakfast avocado toast has layers of pesto, wilted arugula, and avocado – ALL the green goodness!
- 1 large slice bread (2 smaller)
- 1 handful arugula
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. prepared pesto
- drizzle of olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 fried or poached egg (optional)
- Heat nonstick pan over medium low heat. Fry egg in butter or oil according to preference if making and lightly wilt arugula (just for a 30 seconds or so, until just wilted).
- Toast or grill bread. Spread bread with pesto and top with arugula and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with flaky sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- For the best summer flavor, brush bread with olive oil with a pastry brush and grill for 3-4 minutes per side over medium-high direct heat until lightly charred.
- Nutrition facts don’t include optional egg.
Keywords: breakfast avocado toast, healthy avocado toast recipe, easy avocado toast