Click here to pin healthy slow cooker buffalo chicken for later.
Are you familiar with the “cook once, eat twice” method of cooking? Let me explain. We make a big batch of a meal (perhaps on a slow Sunday afternoon!) and eat the initial meal. Then we turn it into a completely different meal later in the week. The purpose is to maximize our time in the kitchen so that in the time it takes one meal, we’ve got one-and-a-half meals ready to go. This healthy slow cooker buffalo chicken was my initial cook once, eat twice meal. And it was all I needed to be hooked!
Now it’s the centerpiece of my easy and healthy weekly meal plan service. I want my families to eat better but spend less time in the kitchen and spend less time planning and researching what to eat! How you spend the extra time is up to you…you can either a) spend it with your family or b) spend it with wine and Bravo (I won’t judge!).
Let’s get to this slow cooker buffalo chicken! First we make the easiest buffalo chicken in the slow cooker or instant pot (it seriously takes 2 minutes to prep) and then we turn it into two different easy and healthy dinners. Sound like a plan?
The first meal is buffalo chicken sandwiches: easy, satisfying, crowd-pleasing.
Don’t skip the blue cheese coleslaw, it takes this sandwich to the next level! I think you’ll love it, it’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Serve the slaw on the side or right on top of the sandwich.
Then turn the leftover buffalo chicken into buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes!Print
Buffalo chicken sandwiches are topped with an easy celery and blue cheese slaw – it’s the perfect accompaniment!
- 6 cups pulled buffalo chicken
- 4 kaiser rolls (or bun of choice!)
- buffalo sauce
- Reheat buffalo chicken in microwave or hot skillet.
- Layer meat onto buns and drizzle with extra buffalo sauce if desired.
- Serve with blue cheese coleslaw!
- Reserve about 2 1/2 cups of cooked chicken for the buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potato meal later in the week.
- I kept the sauce on the light side so that the chicken isn’t too spicy. You can add more buffalo sauce as desired.
- To make in the Instant Pot: add chicken to instant pot and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (omitting the water) and turn chicken over in sauce so it’s covered and lock on the lid. Cook on poultry mode or 10 minutes High Pressure. When the cooking time is done, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and then quick-release the remaining pressure. Shred chicken.
Keywords: buffalo chicken sandwich