Guacamole Burgers are a family favorite! Easy griddled (or grilled) burgers are piled high with an easy guacamole and served with raw veggies and grapes. It’s a satisfying and colorful meal!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 red onion
- 6 buns
- 6 slices cheese
- baby carrots
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 small cucumber
- veggie dip
- Prepare ingredients:
Make dip if making it from scratch.
Wash and slice pepper and cucumber.
Thinly slice red onion.
Mash avocado with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Divide meat into 5-6 patties and lightly form into a disc shape while rotating in your hands. You don’t want to overwork the meat, so be gentle with it! When the burger is about 1 inch thick, create an indent in the middle so the burger doesn’t puff up too much while cooking. Set aside on a platter.
- Heat a large pan (cast iron if you have it) over medium-high heat. Add butter to pan and when the butter is hot, season burgers with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper on both sides and place into pan with a little room between burgers. (Work in batches if you need to.) Cook for 3-5 minutes and flip over, add slice of cheese, and cook for another 3-5 minutes. (General rule of thumb is: 6 minutes for a medium rare burger, 10 minutes for well done.)
- While burgers cook, toast buns under broiler for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Top burgers with guacamole and red onion slices. Serve with veggies, dip, and grapes.
- Get your kids involved, they can: mix together guacamole, arrange veggies on a platter, help layer their burger.
- Nutrition facts do not include side dishes.
Keywords: burgers, guacamole burgers, easy burgers