You’ll love this ground beef enchilada casserole recipe! It takes just 15 min to prep and it’s full of classic enchilada flavors.
- 1/2 white onion
- 3/4 cup bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 10 oz. corn tortillas (about 9 tortillas, cut in half)
- 15 oz. enchilada sauce*
- 15 oz. can refried black beans
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz.)
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, avocado, onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Finely chop onion and peppers.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper to pan and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add ground beef and season with sea salt. Break up beef with a spoon and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Drain beef if necessary.
- Assemble casserole. Drizzle 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×9” baking dish. Top with a layer of corn tortillas, 1/2 of the refried beans, 1 cup ground beef mixture, and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers with a layer of tortillas, enchilada sauce, remaining beans, remaining beef, and a layer of cheese. Finish with a layer of tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Use your favorite enchilada sauce. You can use mild or hot depending on preferences.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and do not include toppings.
Keywords: beef enchilada casserole, beef enchilada casserole recipe, ground beef enchilada casserole,