- 1 english (or hot house) cucumber
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt (16 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 lb. ground beef (I use 80% lean)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- salt & pepper
- pita bread
- Grate 1 cup of cucumber with box grater.
- Grate 1 clove of garlic with zester or mince as finely as possible.
- Stir together cucumber, yogurt, grated garlic, 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of dried dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Thinly slice the rest of the cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of dill.
- Stir together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop onion and mince remaining 2 cloves of garlic.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil to pan.
- When oil is hot, add onion, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ground beef to pan, stirring to break up meat, and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Stir in cinnamon, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Lower heat, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Warm pitas as desired and stuff beef mixture into pita bread, topping with tzatziki.
- Serve the cucumber salad on the side.
If you are into meal prep, the ground beef mixture could be made a few days in advance and the tzatziki a day before.
- Calories: 546
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 576 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 76 mg