Fruit Soaked Oatmeal: quick enough for weekday mornings, but tasty enough for slow weekend ones, too.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk (preferably whole)
- pinch of salt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 3/4 cup dried fruit
- Over medium heat, bring water and milk to a simmer.
- Add in oats and salt and cook over a low simmer for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sliced bananas and dried fruit. Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes, until dried fruit is plump.
- Divide into four bowls and serve.
I think the fruit adds plenty of sweetness, but add a drizzle of maple syrup or honey if desired.
Top with some chopped nuts or greek yogurt on the side for an extra boost of protein.