If you’re looking for a fast and delicious meal, quick snack, or easy appetizer, look no further than frozen mini tacos cooked in an air fryer. Not only is it a convenient and super fast option, but air frying your frozen mini tacos is a great way to ensure that they will be perfectly crispy and golden brown – just how we want them! It’s truly the best way to cook them for crunchy shells. Keep reading for full instructions, cooking time, and plenty of serving suggestions.
If you love Tex Mex meals as much as we do, be sure to try my air fryer flautas, cheesy turkey taco skillet, ground beef quesadillas, chicken fajita quesadillas, and slow cooker salsa chicken next time.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
- What You'll Love About Air Fryer Mini Tacos
- How to Make Frozen Mini Tacos in Air Fryer
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Crispy Mini Tacos
- Want More?
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Mini Tacos
- They cook super fast
- No need to heat up whole oven
- Mini tacos get nice and crispy
- Easy enough for a snack or lunchbox
- The whole family will love mini tacos!
- Minimal prep time (there is no prep!)
- Frozen tacos – There are a number of frozen mini taco brands and any will work. You can find mini tacos at Trader Joe’s, Costco, and any regular grocery store. Some popular brands are Don Miguel and Jose Ole. I’ve used Trader Joe’s mini chicken tacos here.
- Fresh toppings – I like putting out a spread of shredded lettuce, sliced jalapenos (or pickled jalapenos), chopped tomatoes, and corn salsa, but include your favorite taco toppings!
- Dipping sauces – Serve the tiny tacos with your favorite dipping sauces like salsa, queso, sour cream, hot sauce, or a taco spiced dip.
How to Make Frozen Mini Tacos in Air Fryer
This is an overview on how to make frozen mini tacos, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
TIP: Be sure to allow proper space between the mini tacos to allow hot air to fully surround each taco – this will ensure crispy shells.
How long does it take to cook mini tacos in the air fryer?
Cooking time will vary slightly, but frozen mini tacos usually take about 5-8 minutes in the air fryer. You can also check the internal temperature of the tacos, but most of the brands of mini tacos are already fully cooked and essentially just need to be reheated.
What temperature do you air fry mini tacos?
Set your air fryer temperature to 380 degrees F for best results.
Store leftover mini tacos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
For best results, reheat mini tacos in a 370 degree F air fryer for 2-3 minutes, until hot.
What to Serve with Crispy Mini Tacos
If you are serving your tacos for dinner, add a few of these easy sides to round out the meal:
- Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat)
- Refried Beans (from canned black beans)
- Black Bean Avocado and Corn Salad
- Fajita Veggies (Chipotle Copycat)
- Grilled Street Corn
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like these air fryer mini tacos, you might also like another easy air fryer recipe:
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
- Air Fryer Breakfast Homemade Taquitos
- Air Fryer Pita Chips
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Make crispy frozen mini tacos in the air fryer in just a few minutes – they are perfect for a quick and tasty snack, lunch, or easy dinner.
- 1 package frozen mini tacos (chicken, beef, etc.)
- fresh toppings (see list above)
- dipping sauces (see ideas above)
- Preheat air fryer.
- Place mini tacos in air fryer basket in a single layer and cook at 380 degrees F for 6 minutes, flipping tacos half way through.
- Let cool for a minute or two to continue to crisp up.
- Serve with desired toppings and dips.
Keywords: frozen mini tacos in air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!