I just have to share my newest breakfast obsession with you guys.
It’s not even really a recipe, per say…but it is oh SO good and you definitely need to make it. Simple food really is the best, isn’t it?
The premise is a simple one, lightly toasted bread (or broiled if I’m at home and too lazy to get the toaster out) is topped with avocado slices and thinly sliced cheese (my favorite is pepper jack) and then broiled until the cheese is golden brown. Then top the toast with preferably, a runny egg. De.Vour.
If I’m at work, I’ll bring a fully cooked egg and then put the components together once I’m ready for breakfast. (But there’s no real plate, golden brown cheese, or runny egg.) It’s still good and definitely still satisfying, but not quite the same.
This toast also makes a delicious lunch or simple dinner if you just can’t fathom such a savory meal first thing in the morning. Anytime of the day, just make sure you eat this soon!Print
- 2 slices bread (sprouted, whole grain, brown rice)
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 oz jalapeno jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 fried eggs
- Turn broiler on high.
- Lightly toast bread. (If using broiler, be careful!)
- Top bread with sliced avocado and cheese.
- Broil until golden brown, watching carefully.
- While toast is in the broiler, fry eggs.
- Top toast with fried egg.