This pesto, much like the classic basil pesto is not just limited to pasta. Try this topping on salmon, tossed with shrimp or tofu or even thinned out as a dressing for salads. Whatever you put it on, the fresh flavors will have you coming back for more.
- 16 oz. pasta twists (fusilli,
- 2-4 small cloves of garlic
- 2 cups cooked edamame, shelled
- 2 cups cilantro
- 1 cup basil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook pasta to al dente, reserving about 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, make pesto. Place garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add edamame, cilantro, basil, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, and salt to processor and process until pesto is smooth. Add a little pasta water if mixture is too thick.
- Toss pasta in pesto sauce, adding a drizzle of pasta water if needed and top with a drizzle of sesame oil and salt to taste.
- Makes 2 cups of pesto